Spanish Teacher (Fort Collins)
The Language Lounge is a very client needs-based approach that tailors the learning experience to the learner. Flexibility, creativity, energy, and ability to deal with ambiguity are required. A great sense of humor is a plus!
We currently have one Spanish language teaching position open. This is a part-time teaching position; duties may include teaching, attending teacher education sessions, development of teaching tools and other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Applicants MUST live permanently in the Fort Collins area and have prior experience teaching the Spanish language to native English speakers. Please email a formal resume and cover letter as separate attachments in.doc or pdf format. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume should clearly identify your native language, educational background, work experience, familiarity with classroom technology, and information regarding work authorization and earliest availability. All candidates must have full US work eligibility.
Instructors provide all levels of language instruction to clients.
Mon. -- Fri., 10-25 hours weekly. Small classes in an office in Old Town or as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Be a US Citizen, have a green card or US work authorization
• Be a native or near-native speaker of Spanish, educated in the language through high school; higher education in the language is preferred.
• Be knowledgeable about cultural norms and current usage of the target language in one or more countries in which the language is spoken.
• Have a minimum 3 years full-time experience teaching the target language to adults and a solid background in language-teaching methodology and adult education.
• Be knowledgeable and articulate about the grammatical features of the target language
• Have taught speaking, reading and listening
• Be familiar with current language-learning technology and assessment
• Speak and understand English at a high level
• Able to write in the target language
• Be willing to learn Language Lounge techniques and be open to feedback
Position closes March 1, 2014.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers