Cook - William Oliver's (Fort Collins, CO)
compensation: depends on experience
TO APPLY: please go to williamolivers.com, click "JOBS", and follow the directions on the website for submitting a resume.
BENEFITS: vacations time, health insurance, and retirement plan.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Manager set an example of top quality service. Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality food for our guests.
• Assure that opening checklist is completed and that the restaurant is prepared for opening.
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
• Complete closing checklist.
• Report any observed personnel or guest issues to Manager.
• Report any maintenance items to Manager and Guest Services.
• Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
• Prepare food orders.
• Complete all side-work duties.
• Wash glasses and dishes in the absence of the dishwasher and/or as directed by the manager.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
• Perform all other tasks as needed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 1-year experience as a cook.
• Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong communication skills.
• Open to trying new food and drinks.
• Strong knowledge of restaurant operations, service procedures and function.
• Be 21 years of age.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
• Honesty and Integrity.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers