Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Dietary Manager (Fort Collins)
compensation: from $15.00
* Supervises preparation and service of planned menus, nourishments, and supplements, per company policies and procedures and states and federal guidelines.
* Ensures food is received, stored, prepared, held and served per company policies and procedures and state and federal guidelines.
* Insures staff adheres to sanitation policies and regulations.
* Schedules and/or conducts routine in-services for staff.
* Purchases dietary food and supplies within assigned budgets and through company approved distribution sources and vendors. Maintains financial records in accurate and timely manner.
* Ensures adherence to quality assurance processes by routinely auditing (i.e., meal service, dining, safety, sanitation, test tray, meal satisfaction, and clinical audits) the dietary areas and practices for compliance with current regulations and policies and reporting to the QA&A committee.
* Completes clinical duties and documentation accurately and timely as assigned with oversight from a Registered Dietitian and within individual state licensure laws (i.e., nutritional assessments, quarterly progress notes, progress notes on nutritional risk residents, MDSs, RAPs, care plans, discharge plans; conducts resident interviews; processes diet orders; tray ticket accuracy).
* Assists with nutritional education for residents, patients, families, and caregivers.
* Participates in various meetings and committees as appointed by the Administrator. Evaluates and implements recommendations from the facility's committees.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Dietary Manager RequirementsQualifications* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Successful completion of a course approved by the Dietary Manager's Association (or possess a minimum of individual state regulation requirements for a Dietary Manager position).
* One (1) year food service supervisory experience in a health care setting focusing on food management, diet therapy, and cost control preferred.
* May be filled by a Registered Dietitian or Dietetic Technician.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language. Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively with supervisor and staff members. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must be able to communicate with residents based on whatever maturity level the resident is currently functioning.
* Ability to analyze data, reports, clinical documentation, and problems and develop workable solutions and goals. Be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Dietary Department.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and weight, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Demands & EnvironmentMust be able to bend, stoop, lift, walk, and stand intermittently throughout the workday. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to hot/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage areas. Noise level may be above normal in the work environment. Subject to falls, cuts, burns from equipment and hot foods, infectious diseases, odors, etc. throughout the work day. Subject to frequent interruptions. Must possess senses (taste, smell, sight, and hearing), or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers