For no other reason than you just NEED TO. (Fort Collins)
My name is Jesse and I am a public school music educator by day. I'm classically trained but I'm into newer styles of music such as funk, soul, roots, jazz, acoustic rock, and anything else that makes my heart sing. If you want to beef up your improvisation skills, sharpen your technique, learn how to play well with others in a band, gain confidence in your creativity, earn an applause at that local jam session, or want to make that AP Theory exam your b*tch, I currently have several openings in my home studio. I am looking to acquire trumpet (my primary instrument), guitar, piano/keyboard, and music theory students. If $$$ is your main concern, I am willing to make it work for you. The important thing is that we satisfy our need to make music. Simply reply to this ad to get started. Peace be with you.
There are many advantages of learning music no matter what your goals are. Music education, though interconnected with other disciplines, is a unique form of education. It gives us something that is essential to our being that cannot be attained elsewhere. That alone ought to be reason enough to make music, but if that isn't enough to convince you, here are just a few of the extra-musical benefits of learning music:
- Develops discipline and skill - Practicing music builds one's ability to focus continuously on challenging tasks and goals. This discipline increases the rate at which other skills are acquired and built.
- Builds confidence - Nothing boosts confidence like using one's artistic talent to move people.
- Improves brain function - Sharpen your memory, refine your motor skills, and beef up that visual-spatial reasoning (see centuries of scientific research for details).
- Increases self-awareness - You are the instrument. Discover your optimal state of being and learn your natural ability to be expressive and create art.
- Interdisciplinary - All at once music incorporates history, math, art, language, and science.
- Reduces stress - Music is a healthy outlet for life's mental baggage. See health improve as an added bonus.
- Provides multicultural experience - Only a small percentage of music has been written in 21st century America.
- Promotes peace and community - With its ability to affect our emotions and to transform worldviews, music is an effective agent of peace. Its very nature is universal, not partial to any one race, religion, or culture. Rhythm is one thing every culture has in common.
- It's fun!
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers