PHP Web Developer I / II (Fort Collins, CO)
Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Cherokee Services Group has a regional office in Fort Collins, CO, and 22 additional offices nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CSG is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
PHP Web Developer with demonstrated experience in developing database driven web applications and content management solutions.
• Development and review of the overall design and implementation (e.g., control structure, knowledge, representation) of USGS expert systems.
• Proficiency in PHP knowledge and programming.
• Perform Data Management.
• Perform Metadata maintenance.
• Experience in developing, and implementing, data structures, data storage, and data utilization.
• Be responsible for Technical communication with USGS scientists, both orally and in writing.
• Perform analysis on a variety of scientific applications.
• Log and track progress through the Systems Issue Tracking System to document technical support issues, methods used to determine the cause, and results of the fixes.
• Follow established operating, safety, and security regulations, standards, and procedures relating to operations and management of in-house computer facilities.
• Maintain up-to-date configuration documentation.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Candidates should be self-directing and have an excellent capability to work with technical and nontechnical co-workers.
Specific Skills and Requirements
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related curriculum at an accredited college or university (preferred), plus at least 1 year of professional web programming experience.
• Strong PHP programming skills.
• Strong experience with Web Frameworks.
• Strong experience with MySQL and the entire LAMP stack.
• Experience with Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, or other LAMP-based content management systems a plus.
• Comfortable with Linux development environment.
• Experience with Bootstrap is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Education and Experience
B.S. degree (or equivalent experience) in associated field
U.S. Geological Survey Fort Collins Science Center.
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers