Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Vogel Concrete Hiring Finishers!!! (Fort Collins)
Vogel Concrete, Inc. is pleased to announce a position opening for a Concrete Finisher. The successful candidate will be a regular, full-time employee and work under the supervision of the Crew Foreman and Field Superintendent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual working in this position will:
• Set forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
• Check forms that hold concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
• Prepare the base.
• Halt concrete pouring if weather looks bad.
• Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
• Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
• Operate power vibrator to compact concrete and fill air pockets.
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, trowel, screed, and float.
• Smooth high spots and fill depressions.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
• Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
• Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
• Other duties as may be required.
The successful candidate for this position must have sufficient experience to work with a wide range of professional and non-professional personnel. The person must be cheerful and have a positive "can do" attitude. In addition, he/she will be a self-starter, well-organized, and an excellent communicator, as well as possess strong basic concrete skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This person should have a high school diploma or GED and five years' experience finishing concrete.
Excellent compensation package with benefits. Wage depends on experience. Vogel Concrete complies with all affirmative action requirements and is an equal opportunities employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers