Water Truck Driver (Greeley, CO)
Northern Plains Trucking, a Superior Energy Services company, is currently seeking a Water Truck Driver to join our team.
Under the supervision of our Truck Supervisor & Dispatcher, the Water Truck Driver hauls loads of water from various locations and transfers oil between locations. The driver is also responsible for ensuring the operation of all equipment associated with the water trucks; including hoses, fittings, and pumps. He or she must have intermediate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations, hazmat regulations, and emergency response procedures as they pertain to flammable liquids and be able to complete all paperwork including water tickets, vehicle inspection reports, and driver's daily logs. This position has the potential for driving in harsh climates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely operate the water truck to haul loads of water from various locations and transfer oil between locations.
- Must evaluate the daily load hauling schedule to figure out the most efficient route to follow when going to locations.
- Accurately gauge both oil and water tanks when hauling water/transferring oil on a daily basis.
- Assure that paperwork such as timesheets, water tickets, and records of loads hauled/transferred are completed accurately and forwarded to supervisor daily.
- Assure that trucks are maintained and are in good working condition. Must fill out Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily.
- Must keep vac pump greased and oiled, keep bowie pump greased, check oil, tires, hoses and fitting daily.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver's Daily Log each day and forward to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Production Water Drivers assist in cleanup of spills on locations as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other team drivers whenever necessary.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Must have a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License with tanker endorsement. (Hazmat preferred).
- Must have a minimum of 12 months commercial driving experience within the last three years.
- Must have a clean MVR and is required to be on the approved driver's list based on our company insurance carrier standards.
- Must be able to pass required background checks.
- Must have experience working in all climates including extensive ice and snow driving.
- Must have basic mechanical skills to work on the trucks.
- Average reading and writing ability to read location directions and prepare tickets and reports accurately is required.
- Must have good organizational skills to complete, organize, and forward water tickets, vehicle inspection reports, and driver's daily logs in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase PlanIN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST APPLY BY CLICKING THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://careers-superiorenergy.icims.com/jobs/6702/job?mode=apply&iis=Job+Board&iisn=craigslist
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers