Freelance Editor for British English style materials (USA)
contract job part-time
Amnet's editors provide light, medium, and heavy copyedits. Topics vary across all disciplines. All work is performed in Microsoft Word using the Track Changes and Comments features.
• Bachelor's degree (English preferred)
• 2 years editing experience for British English style
• Thorough knowledge of Oxford style
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word's Track Changes feature
• An excellent score on an editing test
• Ability to produce thorough edits on short deadlines
• Flexibility to adapt work based on written feedback
• Strong attention to detail and to written directions
Varies based upon manuscript length, turnaround time, and specialized content. All editors have an opportunity to review the details about the pay, topic, and deadline before accepting a project.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line British English Editing. Attach a Word document or a PDF of your resume. Resume file name should be: Lastname_Firstname_C_Date.pdf/.doc/.rtf. Use the body of the email as your cover letter.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers