compensation: Rate dependent on experience employment type: employee's choice telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Payroll Specialist needed for a growing, local, boutique-style payroll franchise specializing in providing payroll services for small to medium sized businesses. This company offers an enjoyable work environment, nice office space, fun staff, great clients to interact with and values employee feedback and opinion, encouraging staff members to develop strong business relationships with their clients.
The right person for this position will have strong decision-making skills who can function effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, often stressful (but fun!) environment. If that personality describes you, this could be the position you have been looking for! Review the qualities we are looking for below to ensure this role will be a good fit for you.
* accurate data entry skills
* extreme attention to detail
* reliable and in good general health
* professional attitude
* great communicator via face to face, phone or writing
* current knowledge of technology/software
* fast learner
* well organized
* ability to manage processes and follow instructions
* 1+ years of payroll processing experience a plus
* Use of 10-key a plus
* Knowledge of payroll taxes helpful
* Strong MS Excel, Outlook and Word skills a must
Wide range of general administrative duties will need to be performed. Because our franchise is part of a CPA firm, all employees are expected help with an increased volume of client interaction during tax seasons. You will be expected to:
* Answer phones
* Answer questions or direct to appropriate staff
* Greet clients in the lobby when Admin staff is at lunch or with another client
* Attend and contribute to weekly payroll team meeting and monthly all-staff meeting
* Handle between 75 and 100 payroll clients
* Prepare quarterly and other employee/employer reports
* Process new hire paperwork for our clients and accurately enter the data into our payroll software
* Accurately process and issue employee paychecks (paper or direct deposit) and prepare payroll reports
* Keep track of accrued benefits such as vacation, personal and sick leave for employees
Please e-mail resume, references and cover letter including desired rate of pay. We look forward to hearing from you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers