Sun Construction is a high character, quality-oriented, and well-established local commercial and industrial general contractor. Our team-oriented environment recognizes each position is meaningful. Our current growth provides the opportunity for the right candidate to continue to develop and advance their career. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for immediate career opportunity as a Project Manager.
QR Code Link to This Post
Top pay, company vehicle, and solid benefits are available to top candidates. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 7 years of experience managing $1M - $5M commercial and industrial projects as a general contractor; a strong scheduling and estimating background; conceptual estimating and in-house labor estimating; experience in the Front Range and project presentation experience. All serious candidates should feel comfortable developing relationships with clients, estimating work, developing and maintaining schedules, generating proposals and bids, and managing projects.
1. Generate project opportunities from a deep client base.
2. Maintain good relationships with clients to promote future opportunities.
3. Contribute to Developing and deliver proposal presentations to potential clients
4. Contribute in defining the scope of a project alongside our clients demonstrating our full potential and value.
5. Primary leadership of the project from start to finish including project planning, scheduling, budgeting/estimating, and identification of resources needed
6. Perform constructability review and identify any potential VE items
7. Generate interest in the project through subcontractor and vendor selection.
8. Creates and monitors the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities. Although support staff is available to support a project, as appropriate, responsibility of ensuring those tasks have been complete remains with the Project Manager.
9. Create and maintain the Master Schedule, provide oversight to ensure 3 week schedules are developed and maintained by the supervisor
10. Scoping the Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for issuance
11. Project accounting functions including establishing and managing the budget within the company project cost accounting system
12. Monitor the job progress, manage risk and exposure, review planned activities with the project supervisor to drive schedule
13. Makes tough decisions timely.
14. Develop the project work plans and make revisions as, and when, need arises
15. Communicates and coordinates with the owner, architects, consultants, owner's contractors, sub-contractors as needed to support the project team
16. Owner/Architect/Contractor (O.A.C.) meetings communicating progress, challenges and opportunities in support of the project objectives
17. Maintain strict adherence to service, quality and safety standards
18. Periodic (weekly minimum) inspection of construction sites
19. Ensure project documents are completed, processed as necessary and filed appropriately
20. It is anticipated that this position will require 50 hours a week on average to perform it successfully.
A four-year college degree in construction management or a related field is preferred. We are looking for someone that possesses strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills. A current Driver's License is required. Please reply with qualified resume to this ad including project experience and salary requirements. A 10-year background check will be performed. AA/EOE