Want to Work for the City of Fort Collins? Start Your New Career! (Fort Collins)
compensation: HOURLY RATE: $20.00 - 27.92 per hour Paid Training starting at $20/hr & $1,500 New Hire Retention Incentive employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Paid Training starting at $20/hr & $1,500 New Hire Retention Incentive
Now Hiring Bus Operators!
City of Fort Collins - Transfort
HOURLY RATE: $20.00 - 27.92 per hour
Please APPLY ONLINE at www.fcgov.com/jobs.
New Hire Retention Incentive: $250 upon completion of training, an additional $250 retention incentive after completing six months of work, and $1,000 after one year of employment.
Pay increase to $22.50 after 6 months of satisfactory performance.
• Personal Leave
• Sick Leave
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Wellness Program
APPLY ONLINE at www.fcgov.com/jobs.
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check, motor vehicle report, drug test and Post Offer Employment Test (POET) required within 48 hours of offer.
SUMMARY: Operates transit vehicles to transport passengers of all abilities for fixed route service according to specific time schedules for the City of Fort Collins and Northern Colorado region. Assists passengers as needed per division guidelines. Duties include carrying out those functions pertaining to the safe, courteous, and efficient operation of assigned transit vehicles on routine and/or special service routes and exercising prudent judgment under a variety of constantly changing operating conditions.
WORK HOURS: Requires varied work hours, including early mornings, nights, weekends and holiday work. Service hours run from 4am- 12:30am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS: The following duties, responsibilities, and qualifications are illustrative of the primary functions of this position in accordance with Transfort’s Performance Code and the City of Fort Collins’ Personnel Policies and Procedures, and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Reports to work on-time and fit for duty.
• Reports for work by start time and fit to perform job duties.
• Keeps all required licenses and certifications current and in possession while driving.
Practices safety in all work activities.
• Operates buses and other vehicles in accordance with DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
• Operates a variety of wheelchair lifts, securement devices, bike racks and other safety-related equipment.
• Makes quick and safe decisions based on traffic and unexpected obstacles; practices defensive driving.
• Handles emergency and occasionally stressful situations appropriately.
• Performs required vehicle inspections and reports any malfunctions to appropriate staff.
• Complies with all traffic regulations and reports delays or accidents.
Demonstrates high level of skill in their job.
• Uses sound professional judgment in accordance with City of FC and Transfort Vision, Mission and Values.
• Operates different types of buses, mini buses and other City vehicles in a wide variety of traffic, road and weather conditions.
• Maintains paperwork such as vehicle inspection reports
• Possesses knowledge of basic math skills.
• Attends meetings and ongoing training as scheduled.
• Possesses knowledge of city streets and surrounding areas.
• Possesses basic vehicle and equipment maintenance knowledge.
• Operates a two-way radio to communicate with other drivers, dispatchers and supervisors.
• Operates a Mobile Data Terminal to maintain communications with dispatchers and supervisors.
• Utilizes good time management skills maintains a working knowledge of established time points.
• Follows all operational policies and procedures.
Treats co-workers with dignity and respect.
• Extends common courtesies to co-workers.
• Respects diversity.
Treats customers with dignity and respect.
• Provides safe, reliable, on-time service.
• Respects diversity.
• Treats customers as guests, providing information and answers to any questions.
• Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
• Communicates policies and procedures, as well as route and schedule information to passengers.
• Monitors fare payment made through various fare media such as single-ride tickets, bus passes or cash fares, and facilitates transfers.
Presents a positive image of the City of Fort Collins when performing job duties.
• Projects a neat and professional image at all times.
• Acts in a positive manner and actively promotes the mission and values of City of Fort Collins/Transfort.
• Uses meetings with supervisors/managers to constructively problem solve.
Respects the property of the City of Fort Collins and co-workers.
• Proactively inspects and reports any equipment defects.
• Keeps a tidy work environment by cleaning up after themselves and others.
• Neither abuses nor misuses the City of Fort Collins’ facilities or equipment.
• Respects the personal property and privacy of co-workers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED, three to five years driving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least 21 years old and have a good driving record.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Basic computer skills necessary; read and send email messages, ability to learn specific Transit and City of FC related computer programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License with ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction. Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and continue to maintain a current DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate thereafter.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use legs repeatedly to push down on or lift off of the vehicle’s floor controls; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; turn head/neck. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, lift, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, twist torso or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, pull and/or move up to 47 pounds and push up to 79 pounds without assistance
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemical, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
APPLY ONLINE at www.fcgov.com/jobs.
Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use
Because the possession and use of marijuana, whether for medical use or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the City is a drug free workplace, the City will not accommodate the medical use of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working for the City while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed, or otherwise permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this policy.
The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK/MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT, DRUG TEST AND POST OFFER EMPLOYMENT TEST (POET) REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF OFFER.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities