CAD Drafter - We offer a competitive salary, benefits and an excellent opportunity for growth.
We are a growing full service architectural drafting and structural engineering company based in Ft. Collins CO. We offer employees serious growth potential, good benefits, and a close knit group of professionals to grow with.
The Company: Crown Jade Design and Engineering is growing and expanding into exciting new areas of expertise. We provide all of the plans needed to obtain a building permit. We specialize in all forms of conventional and alternative construction plans. We have been in business since 2004, starting with a PE and a drafter. We now have a team composed of three engineers, two drafters and a general manager…and you, our third drafter to replace an outgoing team member.
• Our drafting division can provide services such as: prepare various drawings and schematics derived from a variety of specifications, layouts, blueprints and sketches. Utilize established techniques, standards and tools like computer aided drafting software to prepare technical drawings. Coordinate and consult with engineers or designers to complete projects. We have a large client base and perform 900 jobs per year.
• We believe in providing complete plans that help our clients build efficient, affordable and buildable designs and immediately answer their questions to keep the jobs moving..
The Position: We’re looking for a self-motivated CAD Drafter I. The pay range we’re offering is $35k to $40k, DOE. Associates Degree or drafting training is required, especially with Architectural Desktop or AutoCAD Architecture, but experience is not necessary, as we will train you!
• We offer vacation and holiday pay, an IRA, medical insurance reimbursement and flexible hours. We will provide a laptop and software as needed to perform the duties.
• • Starting with a knowledge base of 3D drafting in AutoCAD Architecture or Architectural Desktop, job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free. The position will require travel along Colorado’s Front Range occasionally for site measurement, from Colorado Springs to Cheyenne, with travel time paid and mileage reimbursed. A valid driver’s license and personal insured vehicle are required.
• Using computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software to prepare electronic architectural and engineering drawing sets, including (but not limited to) layouts, detailed scale drawings, and structural plans from existing drawings, measurements, sketches, specifications, and standard layouts. Working closely and efficiently with departmental contacts, project managers and project leads. Printing, plotting, making copies of drawings and maintaining information regarding changes to a database. Other duties as assigned.
The Location: Crown Jade Design and Engineering is based in Ft. Collins CO. This is a great place to live because, it’s Colorado, it’s Ft. Collins and all of that adds up to a vibrant exciting place to be. We are close to Old Town Ft. Collins, which Disneyland modeled Main Street after. There are lots of delicious lunches available, plenty of good breweries, and a great music scene.
Why Should You Apply?
• A good starting salary with rapid growth potential.
• The benefits are fair for a small company, and with our growth potential, more will be coming.
• The hours are flexible, but we expect an honest day’s work.
• The experience gained will aid you in personal growth. We allow for company funded trainings.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers