Pinnacle Consulting Group, Inc. is a comprehensive consulting group providing management of administration, finance, operation, and capital infrastructure services to Colorado Title 32 Special Districts (metropolitan, water, sewer, park and recreation, and fire/EMS), municipalities and private entities.
We provide our clients with the highest level of expertise, efficiency, and proven procedures in the industry.
Our specialties include Title 32 Special Districts (metropolitan, water, sewer, park and recreation, and fire/EMS districts) and municipalities. Our vast knowledge of these governmental entities enables us to provide the highest quality of service. Our expert staff represents over 170 years of experience with the management of administration, finance, operation, and capital infrastructure of these governments, optimizing performance. Our complete range of governmental management services includes administration, facility management, capital asset management, governmental accounting, financial services, and district formation and organization assistance.
Build lasting mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and community by delivering sound solutions and exceptional service.
• Excellence in client services with effective, efficient personal processes and procedures
• Team Work by cooperatively providing excellent service and sound solutions
• Respectful professional and humble work ethic
• Effective Leadership modeled through example
• Exceeding Expectations with continual attention to the details
The Accounting Manager performs all aspects of client accounting including but not limited to hands-on day to day accounting functions, maintenance of general ledger, preparation of financial statements, compiling and monitoring of budgets, managing cash and investments, and maintains the overall financial health of multiple assigned metropolitan, water & sanitation, park and recreation, and fire protection/emergency service districts.
1. Accounting & Budget Functions
• Primary responsibility is to maintain the general ledger and accounting systems for each client.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as needed.
• Assists with monthly payables processing.
• Prepares period financial report to Board, presents reports at Board meetings.
• Manages cash and investments and financial health.
• Coordinates revenue management, including billings for services and fees and budget comparisons.
• Coordinates expense management, including analysis of budget to actual and explaining variances.
• Prepares audit supporting work papers and coordinates with independent auditors or completes audit exemption as applicable.
• Manages client debt portfolio and reporting
• Processes client payroll
• Prepares year-end tax reporting, including W-2 and 1099 forms.
• Prepares or assists client attorney with annual reporting.
• Understands and records financial impacts of intergovernmental and other agreements.
• Assesses accounting systems, researches and recommends improvements.
• Prepares long-range financial projections.
2. Supervise Accounting Staff
• Oversee and coordinate staff functions, including bank and other reconciliations, general ledger postings, etc.
• Coordinate with staff from other departments.
3. Inter-Government/Constituent Relations
• Acts as financial liaison on behalf of the clients with city departments as well as state and regional agencies to represent client’s interests.
• Complete required financial filings per state statute.
• Accountable to Board of Directors for financial health of client.
4. Interoffice Relations
• Works closely with District Administrators and District Managers to handle issues and transactions related to finance.
• Works closely with Director of Capital Assets to ensure proper recording and/or transfer of assets.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
Supervised by: Director of District Finance and Accounting
Supervises: Work Product of Accountants, Senior Accountants
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each major responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled and able to operate computers using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well all additional relevant and required computer hardware and software
• Professional appearance and dress consistent with desired corporate image
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices and terminology
• Situational awareness
• Ability to identify problems then develop and implement solutions
• Strong reasoning, judgement, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Flexibility and versatility to prioritize and manage projects to completion under multiple, rapidly changing requests
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Motivated, driven and engaged demeanor
• Ability to anticipate needs of clients and team members
• Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and follow through on work assignments
• Collaborative work style with an emphasis on building and fostering relationships
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
• Must be willing to carry out company goals and policies.
• Improves and promotes quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Willing to continue professional development.
. Language Skills:
• Ability to communicate (speak, read and write) in English with individuals in person, by telephone, and by email
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various documents and service plans agreements in English
• Ability to compose business correspondence to a variety of audiences
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from directors, managers, consultants, constituents, various groups and staff.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts as required in maintaining and reporting expenses, estimates, budgets, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, areas, volumes and circumferences.
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of Board of Directors, constituents, service vendors, and consultants.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
• Certified Public Accountant with current license preferred.
• Five or more years of experience in performance of hands-on Accounting.
• Understanding of the operations of special districts (Title 32 Governmental Agencies).
• Working knowledge of city and state government processes as related to special districts.
• Thorough knowledge of core government finance practices: including budgeting, fund accounting, and governmental financial reporting.
• Working knowledge of debt issuance procedures and practices.
• Considerable knowledge of State and local government statutes, rules, ethics, and similar recommended practices governing finance employees and operations.
• Considerable knowledge in developing, evaluating, maintaining, and monitoring an effective internal control environment.
• Desirable experience in investment administration and processes.
• Desirable experience in the professional development of staff, their work effectiveness and team efficiency.
Equipment: Must be able to operate computer, fax machine, copier, telephone, motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 75% of time is spent sitting at desk and 25% on feet.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
• Has frequent need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
• Constant needs to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, and finger dexterity.
• Lifting/carrying less than 10 pounds frequently.
• Vision requirements: constant needs to read manuals, reports, financial statements, complete forms and view computer screen.
• Hearing requirements: constant needs to communicate over telephone and in person.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License and a clean driving record to operate a company owned fleet vehicle.
• Ability and means to travel locally as needed, including to and from multiple client and company worksites proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual regularly works in an office environment and does not work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
401k Retirement Plan
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Car Fleet for Business Use
• HDHP Plans
• Traditional PPO Plan
Life and AD&D Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Health Savings Account (H.S.A.)
Flexible Spending Accounts (F.S.A.: Medical, Limited, and Dependent Care)
Aflac Supplemental Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO):
Full Time Employment
Finance and Accounting
Required: 5+ years of experience in Accounting
Preferred: CPA license, Government Accounting experience
Education level Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
$65,000 - $80,000
Submit Resume to: AccountingMgr@pinnacleconsultinggroupinc.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers