ABOUT THE DIRECT CARE ON-CALL POSITON
This is a unique role, and will take a special person. A successful candidate will be friendly, enjoy both office work and patient care, and be willing to jump into action at a moments notice. This role is a hybrid of office duties and patient care. The Direct Care On-Call (DCOC) caregiver team will be responsible for working in the office until another caregiver calls off. Once a caregiver calls off for the shift, the DCOC caregiver will drop everything and go cover the shift.
DCOC caregivers will be utilized as fill in for Personal Care Worker coverage. While on duty, DCOC caregivers will be ready and available to cover any Amada client who needs care. Additionally, Amada will provide DCOC caregivers with mileage to shifts after the first 20 miles.
DCOC caregivers will work 40 hours a week on a rotating schedule of either three or four days each week. DCOC caregivers will work either an overnights or day schedule. A schedule will be agreed upon in advance with the assistance of a Case Manager. If, for whatever reason, a DCOC caregiver cannot fulfill the requirements of their shift- for example, due to illness or a family emergency, they must call in for this shift with as much notice as possible. If a DCOC caregiver needs time off, they must request time off ahead of time.
DIRECT CARE ON-CALL CAREGIVER Qualifications
1. Day shift: when not deployed to a client visit will answer calls and assist case management department with scheduling and admin duties working from the office.
2. Night shift: when not deployed to a client visit will answer after-hours calls, assist with other office administrative duties working remotely from home.
3. Must be willing to drive the full Amada territory, including but not limited to: Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Westminster, Broomfield, Thornton, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Lakewood, and the surrounding areas. Mileage will be provided to shifts after the first 20 miles.
4. While on duty, DCOC caregivers will respond promptly to phone calls and Axiscare chats.
5. Must have experience and be willing to care for clients who have Alzheimer’s & Dementia and are at end of life and/or on hospice.
6. Must be willing to accept shifts with clients who live in a facility setting, or facility shifts working with multiple clients at once. Must also be willing to work with clients one-on-one in their homes.
7. Must have experience and be willing to care for clients who need to be transferred using a gait belt, a Hoyer lift, a sit-to-stand lift or are bed bound.
8. Must be an approved driver for Amada. To be eligible to drive: Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Colorado state driver’s license with a good driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
9. Must be willing to work with clients who have cats and/or dogs.
10. DCOC caregivers must not be a smoker and must be willing to work with clients who do smoke.
11. Must already be, or be willing to become, a contractor with InnovAge through Amada.
12. Must show the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
13. Must complete agency training or have verified experience in the provision of home care tasks to consumers.
OTHER ESSENTIAL Requirements
1. Must have a high skill level in the use of computers, smart phones and the Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Ability to communicate with clients and to remain calm under stress.
2. Ability to read and write in English.
3. Physical ability to assist clients with transferring.
4. Physical ability to lift, stand, walk, climb stairs, squat, bend and twist as it relates to performing household work.
4. To be eligible to drive: Ability to safely drive a car.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards
1. Assist with personal care activities including:
a) Baths (sponge, tub, shower, and bed bath)
b) Oral hygiene
c) Skin care and foot care
d) Grooming of hair (shampoo and combing), shaving, and ordinary care of nails
f) Catheter and ostomy care (only draining of device)
g) Transferring (bed to chair, wheelchair, and shower, etc.)
h) Dressing and undressing
j) Medication assistance
2. Assist with household tasks necessary to the client’s health care needs, including:
a) Planning and preparing nutritious meals
b) Assisting in feeding client, as appropriate
c) Light housekeeping of client’s environment
d) Laundering client’s clothing and bedding
e) Shopping, Errands
f) Other household duties, as may be required
3. Observe and maintain safety of client and home environment.
4. Use equipment and supplies safely.
5. Monitor, observe, and encourage range of motion exercises and other procedures as instructed by any professional staff.
6. Maintain a written log with receipts of all client money used to purchase goods or materials for the client’s care.
7. Report any changes in client’s condition to the Supervisor.
8. Accurately document services and submit documentation in a timely manner, per agency policy.
9. Responsible for scheduling homecare visits by matching client with caregiver, client care coordination, and will also participate in maintaining personnel files in compliance with agency and state regulations.
10. Perform other duties as requested.
It is the policy of AMADA HOME CARE, INC. to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual's ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any position provided they can perform those functions with reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.50 per hour
We are providing extra PPE to all employees. Socially distant office space is also provided.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers