Design Metal Mfg. is looking for a qualified candidate to work in our shop as Laser Operator for 4KW FN2II Amada Laser. We are looking for a candidate with at least 1 year experience, be proficient with general sheet metal and fabrication skills to create high quality parts with a high attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Programming experience a plus, but not necessary. Competent in sheet metal layout.
• Hexagon (Radan) Nesting Software experience a plus
• Manage and organize personal work station as well as the overall Sheet Metal department.
Knowledge of material gauges and types a must.
CRITICAL SKILLS INCLUDE:
• Strong Print Reading ability
• Ability to read a tape measure and utilize calipers
• Must be self-motivated and dependable
• Understand and utilize practices commonly used in sheet metal to produce quality parts.
• Solid math skills
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
• Ability to program and operate Press Brakes efficiently
• Knowledge and ability to operate a Water Jet
• Solid background with common Sheet Metal tools, ie; Shear, Notcher, Slip Rolls etc..
• Ability to utilize hand grinder, angle sanders and DA sanders to create a high quality end product
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers