Xylem Design has very carefully built our amazing team and we're looking for exactly the right fit to help further grow and improve it. We sometimes joke that our shop is a hall of learning, so we need people with a growth-mindset who are up for a challenge and not just another J-O-B.
2. Send your Resume and a short video telling us who you are and why you'd be a great fit for this job. Videos can be 1-3 minutes, just record it on your phone, upload to YouTube, and send along the link when you apply. It may push your comfort level? Great! Also- We do a quick selfie "Inspection/Thank you" video for our customers anyhow...
Note: We will ONLY consider applicants that have followed the instructions above.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
– Building, assembling and finishing a wide array of art and retail displays in a range of materials (laminates, veneers, acrylics)
– Learning about lean manufacturing and practicing its principles in everything you do
– Joining an incredible team that is dedicated to creating the very best experience they possibly can for both their team and their customers
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
– 2 years experience in a wood shop or manufacturing setting, preferably with knowledge of laminates and sheet goods, and familiarity with power tools
– Familiarity with common woodworking tools and techniques
– Strong verbal communication and dedication to keeping the peace
– A growth mind-set that is eager to learn new skills and production philosophies
WE HIRE PEOPLE WHO:
– Are of high integrity and humor. We hire for Character before Competence.
– Flourish in a busy environment and can be depended on by those around them.
– Love lean manufacturing or are eager to learn.
– Take a lesson from every mistake and use each opportunity to learn and improve.
– Are problem-solvers, and like to use their head and heart, as well as their hands.
– Can lift at least 50 lbs
WHAT WE BRING:
An awesome work environment full of humor, mutual respect and ample opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our company rests on the shoulders of every one of our employees, and everything we do starts and stops with the quality of our team.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our company are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Due to the large number of applicants we receive, please note that we may not be able to contact every applicant who was not chosen for an interview. We do however hold on to applications for future consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers