Welder / Fabricator
QR Code Link to This Post
Design Metal Mfg. is looking for a qualified candidate to work in a shop environment using technical, mechanical and math skills to process jobs through our welding department. The candidate must possess a solid understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical design and be proficient with general welding and fabrication skills to create high quality weldments with a high attention to detail. Knowledge of mechanical design and assembly is helpful. The candidate must be highly motivated, able to effectively communicate in a cross-functional environment and have a customer focused sense of urgency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete manufactured parts, weldments and assemblies, including component layout, welding and finishing.
• Prepare parts for our Powder Coat Finishing area
• Manage and organize personal work station as well as the overall welding department
• Collaborate with sales, estimating, manufacturing and occasionally directly with customers to ensure a smooth transition from design through production
• Participate in and drive continuous improvement efforts
• Evaluate materials, components and products as required
Critical skills include:
• Strong Print Reading ability
• Ability to read a tape measure and utilize calipers
• Must be self-motivated and dependable
• Familiar with sheet metal, machined parts
• Understand and utilize practices commonly utilized in welding to reduce warping, pulling, etc.
• Solid math skills
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
• Ability to seek innovative approaches to fabrication processes
• Desire to be a functional Team member driving continual improvements
Critical Welding skills include:
• Mig welding (GMAW) on Mild Steel, Stainless and Aluminum
• Tig welding (GTAW) on Mild Steel , Stainless and Aluminum
• Ability to weld more exotic Martials a plus. Bronze, Brass, Titanium, Inconel etc.
• Understanding how and when to purge weld.
• Ability to utilize hand grinder, angle sanders and DA sanders to create a high quality end product