QR Code Link to This Post
Food Services of America
District Sales Manager
Job ID: 2020-7145
Type: F T REG
# of Openings: 1
Food Services of America
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a Territory Manager, you help developing and established customers leverage our various services, optimize their product usage and maximize their profits.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. We’re also providing robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here.
- Effectively models the FSA Sales Model to achieve District sales and gross profit goals.
- Champions tools including e-commerce to grow sales, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain key customer relationships.
- Regularly coaches and provides both strength-centered and constructive feedback to District Sales Representatives (DSR) on goal progress and competencies.
- Praises the positive by regularly recognizing and rewarding Associate contributions.
- Co-creates annual territory plans with DSR and regularly reviews status.
- Achieves successful team and customer meeting outcomes as a result of preparing valuable agendas, maintaining a strategic or tactical focus and facilitating effectively.
- Effectively utilizes change management concepts to lead the implementation of sales strategies.
- Identifies and develops target account penetration strategy and leverages CRM to guide the DSR in the target item infiltration.
- Creates annual sales plan with sales leadership and assesses progress during the year, making adjustments accordingly.
- Uses industry metrics to perform effective customer business reviews strengthening customer relationships.
- Reads trade publications; attends trade shows, seminars, vendor demonstrations, and meetings.
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma, bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous broadline food service sales experience or equivalent.
- Possess detailed restaurant operations knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across the business.
- Experience developing and leading successful sales teams.
- General inventory / operations / culinary knowledge (dining establishments).
- Professional appearance is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking with business and financial knowledge.
- Computer literate and willing to embrace new technology.
- Safe driving record, valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with valid insurance.
- Ability to travel and attend leadership meetings.
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug test.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status