condition: excellent make / manufacturer: Fabiano model name / number: All leather outer and lining size / dimensions: 9N
QR Code Link to This Post
Fabiano has long been associated with Scarpa. According to commentary on Trailspace in March 2007:
"Fabiano started as an outgrowth of a shoe repair shop in Boston. The founder was an Italian immigrant bootmaker. He designed a series of boots, mostly leather, that were fabricated to his specifications in Italy, by Scarpa."
Men's 9 Narrow, Women's 10/10.5
– Midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot.
- 1 piece all leather suede upper with a glove leather lining. The uppers are without scratches, digs or wear and look in “mint” condition. They haven’t even been “Snow Sealed”.
– Littleway sole attachment with the heels glued and screwed.
- At the toe, the sole was slightly separated but felt solid and stable. I couldn't pry it open further just with my hands. However, several persons were concerned about the potential for further de-lamination and I agreed that it was certainly possible. Taking direction from Steve Komito, local Estes Park, CO boot repairman and climbing shoe re-soler, I am re-posting now with the tips of the soles glued and screwed down. In the photo's, you will see that I decided not to wipe off the adhesive that was squeezed out as the screws were tightened down. I feel that this further reinforces the repair. Adhesive was also applied to the screws to prevent loosening.
– Alps Fabiano Extra lug soles with possibly 75% remaining life. Boots may be resoled.
– The boots stitching and the lacing hooks are in excellent shape.
- Weight is 3lbs 5oz a pair.
Asking $65.00 with Estes Park pickup. Willing to ship at cost. Paypal or Venmo.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers