Are you ready for that fresh start? Ready for the grass to be greener on your side? If so, a career with us could be just the thing!
QR Code Link to This Post
Connell Resources has served Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming for more than 70 years. We specialize in infrastructure projects, highways, underground utilities, asphalt paving and aggregate production. We also self-perform the majority of our contracts. We are a family owned and operated business that believes in fostering the employer/employee relationships. In fact, over 40% of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years and even more impressively 26% have been with us for more than 10 years. Connell recognizes the importance of career progression and often promotes from within.
Our benefits include: accrued PTO for every hour worked with immediate vesting; company paid health, dental, and life insurance for employees; 401K eligibility after one year; profit sharing for eligible participants; weekly compensation; and a safety footwear reimbursement program.
If you are looking for a family oriented, long-term career with a company that cares about its employees, consider a position with us. We are currently looking for Shop Mechanic.
JOB SUMMARY: Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as bulldozer, graders, trucks, automobiles and other equipment used in the construction industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on a variety of construction equipment and vehicles.
• Operate and inspect automobiles, machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
• Dismantle and reassemble automobiles, machines or heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
• Test products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufactures' specifications.
• Overhaul, Test, Repair and Replace brake systems, clutches, transmissions, differentials, power systems, cooling systems, steering systems, hydraulic, and pneumatics on any system used on medium and heavy duty trucks and equipment.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Repair heavy duty engines including CAT, Mack, and Cummins.
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Must have own basic hand tools and tool box.
• Work closely with Shop Foreman on special assignment or jobs.
• Work closely with Parts Coordinator to ensure parts are obtained accurately and timely.
• Work safely at all times, observing all CRI Policies, OSHA Regulations, and Site Specific requirements and policies.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Language: Must be able to communicate clearly in English both in speaking and in writing.
• Specialized knowledge: Experience with applicable DOT Compliance requirements for Heavy Trucks and Equipment used in the construction industry (OSHA Construction Regulations); transmission and clutch replacement experience required, knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair and maintenance. Provide customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services.
• Skills: Requires strong attention to detail. Must be computer proficient; Troubleshooting abilities to determine causes and decision-making abilities to fix issues; Equipment maintenance, repair, operation monitoring and control, critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify issues, alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to identify and fix issues as required.
• Abilities: Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions; Manual dexterity, Arm-Hand Steadiness, ability to see details at close range; Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and/or legs. Ability to quickly respond; Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Ability to communicate effectively with others; able to clearly lead/direct operations involving multiple tools, pieces of machinery and equipment; can learn and retain new skills
• Professional Certification: None
• Licenses: Valid drivers' license required, must possess or be willing to obtain CDL Class B if needed.
• Experience: A minimum one year fleet experience in a Shop environment.
Apply in person at:
7785 Highland Meadows Pkwy, #100
Fort Collins, CO 80528
Or online at:
Please reference this ad and position on application.
Connell Resources, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the operating policy of this company to afford all persons equal employment opportunity without any regard to their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex , national origin or any other federal, state, or local protected class