compensation: $17.70-$23.70 DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you ready for that fresh start? Ready for the grass to be greener on your side? If so, a career with us could be just the thing!
Connell Resources has served Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming for more than 70 years. We specialize in infrastructure projects, highways, underground utilities, asphalt paving and aggregate production. We also self-perform the majority of our contracts. We are a family owned and operated business that believes in fostering the employer/employee relationships. In fact, over 40% of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years and even more impressively 26% have been with us for more than 10 years. Connell recognizes the importance of career progression and often promotes from within.
Our benefits include: accrued PTO and sick pay for every hour worked with immediate vesting; company paid health, dental, and life insurance for employees; 401K eligibility after one year; profit sharing for eligible participants; weekly compensation; and a safety footwear reimbursement program.
If you are looking for a family oriented, long-term career with a company that cares about its employees, consider a position with us. We are currently looking for a Pipelayer/Laborer.
Job Summary: Installation of new underground pipe (PVC, steel, and concrete) to include removal and replacement of or repair of existing underground pipe for sanitary sewer systems, water main, storm sewer systems, drain lines, culverts, and water services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guidance and leadership roles to pipe labor employees.
• Familiar with and able to effectively read blueprints; interpret specifications; lay out route of pipe to be installed; ability to determine correct angle and elevation of pipe, inlets, vaults, and manholes.
• Can read and properly interpret survey grade stakes.
• Can perform above standard math problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication) without error.
• Ability to effectively spot for equipment operators, in an effort to eliminate damage, when excavating in the vicinity of underground utilities (communication, power, natural gas, water, etc.).
• Use of hand tools (shovel, wrench, level, screwdriver, etc.) as needed during the pipe installation/repair process.
• Use of power tools (demolition saw, grinder, circular saw, drill, laser level, etc.) as needed during the pipe installation/repair process.
• Use of tapping machines on pressurized water lines, such as but not limited to; (Ford and Mueller machines, and hole saw).
• Work safely at all times, observing all CRI Policies, OSHA Regulations, and Site Specific requirements and policies.
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred, not required.
• Specialized knowledge: An understanding of math above a standard level; demonstration and direction of safe work practice in excavations (OSHA Construction Regulations).
• Skills: Can demonstrate critical thought process; open and active listening of directives from supervision.
• Abilities: ability to solve and resolve problems related to the installation of underground pipe.
• Professional Certification: Competent Person Training in excavation preferred, not required.
• Licenses: Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
Apply in person at:
At this time we request that you do not apply in person due to COVID-19. Online applications only please.
Or online at:
Please reference this ad and position on application.
Connell Resources, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the operating policy of this company to afford all persons equal employment opportunity without any regard to their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex , national origin or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers