QR Code Link to This Post
This is an exempt level position, compensation based on the terminal location pay scale guide.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, exempt level position and days are Monday through Sunday and hours vary according to business need.
This is a CDL truck driver position, therefore local, regional, over the road travel is expected on a regular basis.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma and CDL prior experience is required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CSC Transportation LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CDL Truck Driver
Reports To: Terminal Manager/
General Duties: Load / unload and transport bulk freight to assigned locations in accordance
with DOT/FMCSA rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lead, support, and help foster safety culture and best practices throughout organization
- Receive and follow dispatch instructions through various electronic devices.
- Complete a Pre and Post trip vehicle inspection in accordance with DOT/FMCSA rules and regulations.
- Communicate fluently in English with company management and customers.
- Take rest breaks in sleeper bunk as needed.
- Fuel tractor and monitor DEF levels as needed.
- Use XRS software and tablet to comply with FMCSA rules for Hours of Service.
- Prepare a daily trip record.
- Participate in all company safety programs.
- Follow all company policies/programs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate sound judgement in the operation of vehicle.
- Work 60 to 70 hours per week including nights and weekends.
- Pull, twist, bend and lift 35 pounds to shoulder height as a repeated motion.
- Climb in and out of tractor using proper 3 points of contract.
- Sit for up to 11 hours per day.
- Operate vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Pass a DOT Extended Physical if requested by company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, sitting all day.
CSC Transportation LLC
Click here to Apply Online